The programme is designed to provide job-based training to future accountants and finance specialists to serve business at the local and international context. It is a professionally tailored program to meet the growing demand of well trained and skilled accountants and finance managers who can greatly contribute in helping to plan, execute and relate cutting-edge research to recent and prospective developments in accounting and finance related disciplines. i.e. design accounting and management control information systems; prepare various accounts and corporate annual financial reports in line with various laws and standards etc
- Admission Requirements:
- Applicants shall hold at least a second class bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning or a upper second class advanced diploma or equivalent qualifications obtained in at least three (3) years of study. or a professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA (T), MD, CSP, MCIPS, or their equivalent from recognized professional bodies or institutions. Applicants with PASS (i.e. those who obtained third classin the first degree) degree will also be considered upon producing evidence of having obtained an examined postgraduate diploma in a relevant field of study. A candidate who holds a foreign degree (degree obtained outside Tanzania) or unclassified degree should have an average credit of “B” or above (evaluated according to Mzumbe University system) and have his/her academic qualifications validated by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Additional Qualification:
- Applicants for MSc. (A&F) must possess solid accounting background and must have completed courses in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Management, Auditing and Assurance and Quantitative Methods at a Bachelor’s degree level.
- Mode of delivery: (Full time/ Part time):
- Full Time.
- NOTE: All programmes offered at Mzumbe Main Campus are fulltime, day sessions (Mode) and residential. But due to limited accommodation, some successful applicants to pursue their degree at the main campus may be required to seek for alternative accommodation off campus.
- 18 months: twelve months of coursework to be run in two semesters, and a minimum of six months for dissertation work.
- Programme Availability:
- Both Main Campus Morogoro Dare es Salaam Campus college.